THERE WILL BE OBSTACLES.
THERE WILL BE DOUBTERS.
THERE WILL BE MISTAKES.
BUT WITH HARD WORK,
THERE ARE NO LIMITS.
Advice for Entrepreneurs
Advice To Entrepreneurs Is "Make It Happen!"
‣ Passion, Passion, Passion! You need to be passionate about what you do, to make things happen!
‣ Be Positive, Persistent, Determined, Motivated! It is contagious!
‣ Differentiate yourself from the pack. Be a maverick, don't just go with the flow.
‣ Trust your instinct- Have confidence in Yourself! Don't forget to be yourself!
‣ Don't give up! Find something to hang on when things get tough!
‣ Create loyalty in your company.
‣ Understand what is important.
‣ Choose the right people for the right place.
‣ Stay involved.
Always consider the possibility that what you expect to happen won't and what you don't expect to happen will. That way you'll be ready with ideas for change to adapt, not react, to whatever is thrown at your company. Summarized as "always have a B plan" just in case. My best advice is to not be afraid to fire people the second they are not working out. A loser will do a lot more damage than no one at all.
Business is not about technology, it is not about products, it is not about marketing, it is not about finance, it is not about manufacturing; yes, you need all that but business in all about PEOPLE. You have to motivate people, sell people, work with people, leverage people, satisfy people... and when you are done, you might have a little time left over for those other things.